Thursday, September 18, 2008

Religion vs. Relationship

1. Religion is a series of man-made procedures that satisfies the heart into thinking that growth is taking place. A relationship with Jesus encourages growth as you learn more about Him and strive to emulate Him.

2. Religion is an opportunity to stifle the Holy Spirit into nothing more than a dance or a palm raised in the air because it’s what others do around you. A relationship with Jesus helps you to understand the Holy Spirit is power….power Jesus used to cast out demons, heal people, and defeat death. Amazingly that very relationship enables the power to reside in us.

3. How many times have you been told that God is a mystery when you have questions about the weather, about tragedies, about why the birds always seem to know when to fly south? Religion sees God as a mystery. A relationship with Jesus according to 1 Corinthians 2:10….but God has revealed it to us by his Spirit. The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God.

4. In fact, Religion will often beg you to accept things without question. There’s no reason to search for the truth because we have steps to follow and works to complete. A relationship with Jesus tell us that He is the way the truth and the light. Therefore by growing our relationship with Jesus our questions will be answered.

5. Religion reveres ministers, pastors, elders, and the people mentioned in the Bible. A relationship with Jesus teaches that all men are the same….we are all ministers and responsible for advancing His kingdom.

6. Religion states Jesus, God, and the Holy Spirit are separate. A relationship with Jesus shows us that Jesus, God and the Holy Spirit are three different manifestations of the same God.

7. Religion will leave you asking questions, wishing you could change things, and will leave you very unfulfilled. A relationship with Jesus with help you find ways to change things, solutions to problems, and you can do all things through Christ who strengthens you.

8. Religion encourages listening to a sermon over studying the Bible. A relationship with Jesus encourages you to study on your own and with others.

9. Religion prefers hope over expecting God will bless you. A relationship with Jesus begs you to expect great things including blessings and power.

10. Religion states money makes people evil. A relationship with Jesus shows us that He wants us to live more abundantly and it’s how the money is used that makes all the difference.

11. Religion explains that people like Moses, David, and Solomon were very special people and that we would find it hard to emulate them. A relationship with Jesus helps to explain all of the people set aside in the Bible were annointed by the Holy Spirit. Believers have the Holy Spirit within them. There is nothing that can hold us back.

12. Religion shows Satan as powerful foe. A relationship with Jesus provides us with the power of the Holy Spirit. Through that power Satan can be defeated just as Jesus defeated him.

13. Religion teaching provides information about God. A relationship with Jesus enables us to actually know God.

Look for a few more comparisons between religion and relationship later….

Many bloggers have published their own personal list of 13 things. You can see the complete list of bloggers here.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

While I am not a Christian, I too struggle between the Jewish Religion and our own personal relationship with Gd. This was a fantastic post.

Denise Patrick said...

Great post. I may use some of your comments during my next Youth Meeting.

elementary historyteacher said...

Journeywoman, I understand. I don't think it matters regarding the Jesus belief.....when it comes to our faith we all suffer from the religion verses relationship tug-of-war.

Denise, feel free to use anything you wish. I have never had the desire to work with teens, however, having teens in my own home I certainly appreciate all youth workers. :)

God's girl said...

That is a great list! I love this post! Thanks for sharing.
Much love,
Angela

elementary historyteacher said...

Hi Angela. I'm glad you stopped by. Thanks for the comment.

Rachel Gatewood said...

Hi, I'm Bryan from Russellville, AR. I just going to let you know that I'm using this material for teaching Sunday school! God Bless You! This is an awesome Post. bgatewood@atu.edu

Anonymous said...

I disagree with elementary history teacher's take on the "I dont think it matters regarding the Jesus belief..". It most definitely does in my opinion. Because the only way to reach God is through his son, Jesus Christ. Therefore, one must believe and accept the gift of salvation God gave us through his son. John 3:16

EDS_Ellen said...

I plan to use your list tonight for my teen bible study... thanks for posting this good information... I did a search for "religion versus relationship," as that was what the Holy Spirit put on my heart for tonight's lesson. Thank you!

Unknown said...

This is a great post, Why do I feel that when Im asked my religion If I dont say I have one people think Im Atheist? It feels like if i dont answer christian im denying christ. Has society given he this sence of denying christ if I dont claim a religion?

Martins Lewis said...

If anyone has needs their ex back, or a love spell to get your lover to love you, contact Dr.Ikhine He helped me get back the guy who used to like me, but because of mistakes I made, he was freaked out by me. At first, I thought him and I would never be together, but then I contacted Dr. Ikhine and he casted a spell on him, and now we are happy, and he loves me very much:)! I am pretty sure he will propose to me at graduation, and I know we will be happy:)! If you want him to cast a spell for you, just email him at: agbadado@gmail.com or call him at +234805692230 for a spell:)!! I hope he can help you like he has helped me:)!

Unknown said...


Hi my name is Sylvia from Sweden i just want to share my experience with the world on how i got my love back and saved my marriage… I was married for 5 years with 2 kids and we lived happily until things started getting ugly and we had a fights and arguments almost every time… it got worse at a point that he filed for divorce… I tried my best to make him change his mind & stay with me cause i loved him with all my heart and didn't want to loose him but everything just didn't work out… he moved out of the house and still went ahead to file for divorce… I pleaded and tried everything but still nothing worked. The breakthrough came when someone introduced me to this wonderful, great spell caster professionallovespell@hotmail.com who eventually helped me out… I have never been a fan of things like this but just decided to try reluctantly cause I was desperate and left with no choice… He did special prayers and cast a love spell on him. Within 24 hours of casting the spell, he called me and was sorry for all the emotional trauma he had cost me, moved back to the house and we continued to live happily, the kids are happy too and we are expecting our third child… I have introduced him to a lot of couples with problems across the world and they have had good news… Just want to share my experience cause I strongly believe someone out there needs it… You can email him professionallovespell@hotmail.com

Unknown said...




How Dr.NICE OKSE Save My Broken Heart Of Marriage Today !!!

Glorious be unto Dr. NICE OKSE the great man and ever, my name is Tahmina Rahmani from Holland . since 1 and a half year I have witness what is called heart broken. my boyfriend that promised me marriage failed me and impregnate me and leave,he dump me,he stop calling” he stop picking my calls,and he no longer respond to me. I have be looking for solution,I fall into the hands of fake spell caster,they rough me off and took my money without help.I have cried,I have weep”and tears runs out of eyes. The silentness in my heart brought me to the deepest path of failure that I lost my job. Crying all day,because of my life was lonely. So thanks to nice okse that came into my life and brought me the greatest joy that was lost. I saw his mail while browsing and I contact and tell him what I am passing through with no doubt because what saw about him,was enough to believe. And I was given words of solution on what to do. I can’t really help thinking about it I have tried to see what I can do, I manage to provide him some materials and he help me with the rest,after casting the spell, 12hrs later he came with rose on his hand and I was even about going out,i saw him in front of my door when he sees me he knee and said he is dying I should forgive him and accept him back he was crying,I can’t wait to let him finish I quickly crab him and kiss him, just then” he said he is restless without me, just as the prophet has said he will be. He brought out a ring and put it on my hand. Our wedding day was scheduled,1week after we got married. today makes it 2weeks and we are living happily I don’t know how to praise him enough, he has done me a thing I can never forget. And I can’t really share to myself alone, I want y’all to help me praise him because if it is wasn’t for him I already plan of committing suicide. But right now I am now so happy more than I was before. And you out there crying for help you’ve already got one,nice okse is the man that you need in all rampart. contact his address if you need his service, professionallovespell@hotmail.com or you can contact him on http://drniceoksespelltemple.yolasite.com

Unknown said...


My problem with herpes has caused me many traumas,especially in my sex life.I was so afraid of infecting my boyfriend, I suffered the embarrassment of visiting dermatologists queries hundreds of times.Unfortunately,they did not find a definitive solution to my problem.The solution came from the least expected place. By reading in a specialized forum on the subject,How to cure Herpes simplex virus completely.Many people had tried, with excellent and quick results.I had nothing to lose so I decided to use this method to eliminate my herpes. spent six weeks using this method and my herpes completely disappeared. I recommend this method to all people who want to eliminate the herpes from their body forever,contact odumaspelltemple0@gmail.com
HERPES
HSV 1 & HSV 2
ASTHMA
DIABETES
EPILEPSY
CANCER
INFERTILITY
STAPHYLOCOCCUS.
BARENESS
HIV /AIDS
HEPATITIS B
Kidney?

patrick morrison said...

HOW I GOT CURED OF HERPES DISEASE
I'm here to testify about what DR. ANUGE did for me. I have been suffering from (HERPES) disease for the past 5 years and had constant pain,especially inside my body. During the first year,I had faith in God that i would be healed someday. This disease started circulating all over my body and i have been taking treatment from my doctor, few weeks ago i came across a testimony of one lady on the internet testifying about a Man called DR. Anuge on how he cured her from herpes disease. And she also gave the email address of this man and advise anybody to contact him for help for any kind of sickness that he would be of help.so I emailed him telling him about my (HERPES) he told me not to worry that i was going to be cured!! Well i never believed it,, well after all the procedures and remedy given to me by this man few weeks later i started experiencing changes all over me as DR. ANUGE assured me that i will be cured,after some time. i went to my doctor to confirmed if i have be finally healed behold it was TRUE, the test came out negative. So friends my advise is if you have such sickness or any other at all you can contact DR. Anuge for help. Email} dranuge@gmail.com WhatsApp /call +2348164866838

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...