With just a few days to go before Christmas, REMEMBER: Jesus is better than Santa
1. Santa lives at the North Pole. JESUS is everywhere.
2. Santa rides in a sleigh. JESUS rides on the wind and walks on the water.
3. Santa comes but once a year. JESUS is an ever-present help.
4. Santa fills your stockings with goodies. JESUS supplies all your needs.
5. Santa comes down your chimney uninvited. JESUS stands at your door and knocks…and then enters your heart.
6. You have to stand in line to see Santa. JESUS is as close as the mention of His name.
7. Santa lets you sit on his lap. JESUS lets you rest in His arms.
8. Santa doesn’t know your name, all he can say is “Hi little boy or girl. What’s your name?” JESUS knew our name before we did. Not only does He know our name, He knows our address too. He knows our history and future, and He even knows how many hairs are on our heads.
9. JESUS has a heart full of love. JESUS offers health, help, and hope. Santa says, “You better not cry!” JESUS says, “Cast all your cares on me for I care for you.
11. Santa’s little helpers make toys. JESUS makes new life, mends wounded hearts, repairs broken homes and builds mansions.
12. Santa may make you chuckle, but JESUS gives you joy that is your strength.
13. While Santa puts gifts under your tree, JESUS became our gift and died on the tree.
It’s obvious there really is no comparison. We need to remember WHO Christmas is all about. We need to put Christ back in Christmas.
Jesus is still the reason for the season.
May the Lord bless and watch over you and your loved ones this Christmas, and may He prosper and bless the works of your hands in the New Year.
Other bloggers are participating in Thursday Thirteen. You can view them here.
Many thanks to my friend Carol who forwarded the text of this 13 to me in an email.