My last year of high school was great. I had a car and drove myself to school, I began writing seriously, and I was looking forward to college.
Our group of 200 plus seniors seemed to become more than just an odd assortment of alliances and cliques. We all had something in common….something major….WE WERE SENIORS!
During the last two or three months of school we had the regular senior events and milestones including Senior Superlatives. Remember those? Certain people were given titles such the cutest, the most athletic, the brainiest, the most likely to…..
Here’s a list of superlatives found in the Bible:
1. Earliest: Adam, world's first human being Genesis 2:7
2. Oldest: Methuselah, son of Enoch, who lived to be 969 Genesis 5:27
3. Strongest: Samson, carnal Nazarite whom God used to deliver Israel from the Philistines Judges 14:6; Judges 15:5
4. Wisest: Solomon, king of Israel and son of David 1 Kings 3:12
5. Richest: Solomon 1 Kings 10:23
6. Tallest: Goliath, over nine feet tall, killed in battle by David 1 Samuel 17:4
7. Shortest: Zacchaeus, who climbed a sycamore tree to see Jesus Luke 19: 3-4
8. Fattest: Eglon, Moabite king killed by the judge Ehud Judges 3:17
9. Meekest: Moses, Israel's great lawgiver and author of the first five books of the bible Numbers 12:3
10. Cruelest: Manasseh, who shed blood from one end of Judah to the other but later repented 2 Chronicles 33: 1-13
11. Fastest: Asahel, described in Scripture as "light of foot as a wild roe" 2 Samuel 2:18
12. Greatest of the Prophets: John the Baptist, forerunner of Christ Matthew 11:11
13. Guiltiest: Judas, who betrayed the Savior for 30 pieces of silver Matthew 27: 3-5
Find other 13s here.