Saturday, March 1, 2008

Ah, the Weekend and the Living Is Easy: NOT!

The Georgia Blog Carnival is up over at Georgia on My Mind. It’s the perfect combination of great reads! I hope I get my usual time over the weekend to peruse in depth all of the submissions, but this is a busy weekend for me.

Why is it busy?

I’m an innkeeper this weekend. Go read the intro to the Georgia Carnival and discover why. One thing is for certain....it’s very difficult to keep 8 female guests supplied with enough towels and toilet paper to get them through their day and evening. Last night at bedtime (2 a.m.) two of our toilets flushed continuously for 30 minutes…I kid you not! Also, don’t believe that hogwash regarding how teen boys eat more than girls. This evening they plowed through an entire stock pot full of chili and since last evening I’ve already thrown away six empty 2-liter drink bottles not to mention a gallon-sized milk jug that was full this time last night. Don’t get me wrong….for all my fussing I’ve enjoyed being their host. The whole situation has proven to me though that I will never be a hotel mogul.

Have a great rest of the weekend. I have to go on a reconnaissance mission regarding toilet paper and fold more towels. I’ll post more about DNow later.

A portion of this post also appears at History Is Elementary.
UPDATE: 6-16-08.....I received a CD with pictures from the D-Now weekend. Many of the girls pictured in this slideshow were guests in our home over the weekend. You can access the slideshow by heading here.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...