Friday, July 6, 2007

Sunday Seven a Bit Early...7 on 7 in '07

I’ve been absent from Sunday Seven for a bit, but I hope I can get back into the habit of finding seven things to be thankful for. Perhaps if I make it a goal to think of something each day then by week’s end I’ll have something……

So, here are seven things I’m really, really thankful for this week.

1. My husband…he is the gardner, and I’m the hot house flower. I’m high maintenance and he can handle it. He knows me better than I know myself. He puts up with a lot and I get all the benefits. Note to self----do more for hubby.

2. Our pastor left…yes, I know that’s a strange thing to be thankful for, but he didn’t fit our church. There were many things he knew about and agreed to when he was hired, but once installed he began the process of dismantling things. I mean really…..who ever heard of a Southern Baptist church without Sunday school and a music program. The Lord has the right person out there for us and we will find him at the right time. I have no doubt.

3. Youth trips…my daughter is in Orlando this week with the Youth Choir. Yay! Unfortunately my college age child decided he’d skip class this week and come home. Boo! He only missed one class……I missed my time totally alone.

4. I started going to the gym today. I’m thankful I took the plunge. Hopefully I will continue to go on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.

5. My country….this being the week of the Fourth how could I not mention it. We live in the greatest nation in the world even though some of us don’t think correctly all the time. The political tone in this country has got to change, but I wonder if it will…

6. A good report on my mother-in-law. She had to go back in to the hospital following hernia surgury a few weeks ago. The incision wasn’t healing properly and they wanted to take a look. I won’t go into the gory details, but they fixed the problem and it could have been a lot worse.

7. The British bombing attacks being thwarted….I’m so glad those doctors couldn’t get their bombs to activate. The British authorities are really heroes. Seems like from the reports they were really on top of this thing. Seems like all those cameras really paid off. However, a boo and hiss goes to the new Prime Minister who has vetoed using the terms War on Terror and does not want to identify these folks as Muslim extremist. Like we don’t know…..

Well, before I go off on a rant I’ll stop. There’s my list. I look forward to reading some of the other lists. Looks like many more names have been added since the last time I did this…….

Catch me later for my Thursday 13s. I’m going to start a series regarding 13 things about each book of the Bible until we get to the end. Then I’ll come up with something else.

Have a great week!

BTW…The Georgia Carnival is up over at Georgia On My Mind. You might find some great blogs there you didn’t already know about.

If you would like to join Sunday Seven you can find the directions HERE.

4 comments:

Autumn said...

Thanks for visiting me today :)

I relate so much to your no.1! I'm pretty high maintenance too, and my hubby is a star!

Love AutumnRose xx

elementary historyteacher said...

Thanks Autumnrose! I hope you have a great week.

Lazy Daisy said...

So good to see you back in the Sunday Seven Mode again. Loved your list, so glad that all is going well for you. Melli was a wonderful blessing to me this weekend. Stop by and see some of the fun things we were able to do. Have a great week.

Joan said...

Indeed some wonderful blessings! In relationship to your #2, I have heard pastors say that sometimes the best revival for a church is the loss of certain members whose entire job in the church seems to be causing dissention. There definitely has to be a "fit" between pastor and church.


Thanks for coming by my Sunday Seven.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...